Half Baked Harvest Get the
Vanilla Almond Matcha and Chocolate Lava “Shake” recipe
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
total time: 15 minutes
servings: 2 shakes
calories: 648 kcal
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons honey use maple syrup for vegans
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate make sure it is vegan if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 1/2-3/4 cup cold almond milk or coconut water*
- 1-2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder (depending on your taste I used 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract add a teaspoon of vanilla beans if you have them
- 2 soft medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 small ripe avocado peeled + pitted
- 1 very ripe banana frozen if possible, or 1/2 large banana
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- pinch of salt
- cocoa nibs for topping (optional)
Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Stir together cocoa powder, honey, coconut milk and salt in small sauce pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted.
- Cook mixture at a low boil, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add remaining chocolate and vanilla and stir until smooth. Any leftover sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Reheat over low heat, stirring or in the microwave on intervals.
- Take the can of coconut milk out of the fridge.
- Open the can and scoop the coconut cream from the top.
- Measure out about a 1/2 cup of cream and save and leftover cream for another use.
- Also save the coconut water left in the can for the shake or use it for another smoothie!).
Add the coconut cream, 1/2 cup almond milk (or the reserved coconut water), matcha (start with 1 tablespoon and work your way up), vanilla, dates, avocado, banana, spinach, almond butter and a pinch of salt to a high powered blender.
- Blend until completely smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of almond milk if needed to thin.
To serve, drizzle the warm chocolate into 2 glasses.
- Add the matcha shake and top with cocoa nibs if desired.
- *You can either use almond milk or the coconut water left in the can of coconut milk. **Matcha can be purchased at health food stores (I believe Whole Foods carries it)