Image Courtesy of Pinterest
CHINESE GINGER VEGGIE STIR FRY
COURSE: MAIN DISH
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
CALORIES: 254 KCAL
AUTHOR: PLATINGS & PAIRINGS – INSPIRED BY REE DRUMMOND
This Ginger Veggie Stir Fry is bursting with lots of fresh vegetables and coated with a spicy sauce flavored with garlic and ginger. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes!
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 zucchini cut into large wedges
- 1 Chinese eggplant cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1 5 oz. can water chestnuts drained
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- Yakisoba noodles or rice for serving
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Add soy sauce, brandy, brown sugar, cornstarch, sriracha, and ginger to a small mason jar or tupperware. Seal and shake well to combine. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add the onion and peppers, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the zucchini and Chinese eggplant, and cook for 2-3 minutes longer. Add the water chestnuts and broccoli and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes longer. The veggies should still be fairly firm.
- Add in the sauce, stir, and allow to heat through for 1-2 minutes, until the veggies are coated and the sauce thickened. If the sauce gets too thick, add in an additional splash of water.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over noodles or rice, if desired.